Courtesy of Susquehanna Athletic Communications
WASHINGTON, D.C. – After falling to the Cardinals in the regular season, the River Hawks took Wednesday's Landmark Conference Semi-final game 2-1 in Washington D.C. This win advances Susquehanna to the Championship game on Saturday against Scranton.
How It Happened
- The River Hawks struck first as Vivian Simone found the back of the cage on a penalty stroke to give SU the 1-0 lead in the second quarter.
- The Cardinals answered back in the third quarter as Kate Anderson scored for Catholic.
- Senior captain Hunter Pitman scored just nine minutes later after teammate Allyson Heard's shot was deflected off the goal keeper.
- The River Hawks were able to hold off the Cardinals to win the game 2-1.
Inside the Box Score
- The River Hawks were outshot by Catholic 19-4 as SU was able to make three of those shots on goal to the Cardinals 14.
- Susquehanna forced just one penalty corner while Cardinals had 13.
- Susquehanna made 14 saves in the contest, two defensive, while Catholic had one goalie save.
- Pitman collected her 20th goal of the season while Simone added a goal to bring her total to four.
- Annalee Smith had two defensive saves in the contest while senior goalie Veronica Green had 11 saves.